If you are looking for a good Itachi Uchiha costume for Halloween or a big cosplay event, here’s the winning formula for creating the most exciting outfit of the party! Let’s see how to dress up as Itachi Uchiha from Naruto.
Outfit Guide For COSPLAY & HALLOWEEN
Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Outfit Guide
Shopping List for Itachi Uchiha from Naruto Costume & Outfit
Taking the road less traveled by.
Decades ago, there were always three big anime that dominated the space, Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto. It was impossible to go anywhere without hearing about or seeing one of the three fandoms everywhere. Naruto especially became awfully popular not only for the show’s plot and characters but the memes that arose from it still exist today. Using the simple phrase “Naruto running” paints a perfect picture in everyone’s mind without having even seen the show. However, perhaps a bit less famous than his brother, a notable antagonist from the show is Itachi Uchiha. The look we’re currently going to steal.
Before we move on to Itachi’s costume, let’s first learn about character
Who is Itachi Uchiha?
Itachi was the eldest child born to Mikoto and Fugaku Uchiha. At four years old, he witnesses incredible amounts of violence due to the Third Shinobi War. Being exposed to all of this violence traumatized Itachi to the point of becoming a pacifist, leading him to train relentlessly in order to restore peace in the world as a ninja.
Itachi was not only hard-working but very bright as well, having enrolled in the Academy just a few years later and completely excelling in every subject presented to him. He was so advanced, his teachers suggested he take the graduation test early and he passed. These accomplishments were always praised by his parents and while Itachi also felt proud of himself, he often isolated himself from people, dissatisfied with the way of life that they lived in conflict. Even as he trained with his younger brother Sasuke, who looked up to him, Itachi felt unsatisfied.
Later, Itachi learned of his clan’s plans to lead a coup, which he especially did not approve of. In hopes of finding a solution to achieve peace, Itachi betrayed his clan by reporting their actions to the Third Hokage and Konoha Council. Unfortunately, it became increasingly clear that peace wasn’t a solution, and Itachi’s friend, Shisui, gave Itachi his kotoamatsukami eye, begging him to protect the village and their family name before drowning himself.
The following day, some of the Uchiha accused Itachi of murdering Shisui, which caused Itachi to lash out at them and easily overpower them. This was the start of Itachi coming to terms with a lack of peace as a solution.
The Third Hokage left Itachi with a dreadful choice: support the coup and have the whole clan, including his brother, killed for ensuing conflict or accept the assignment to wipe out the clan before the coup started and be allowed to spare Sasuke. Itachi chose the latter.
Now it’s time to steal that Itachi Uchiha look
- Throw on a navy blue tee with short sleeves, twill, navy blue joggers, and Akatsuki shoes. This makes up the first part of Itachi’s outfit, shown underneath.
- Next throw on a black and red Akatsuki Cloak overtop that hangs down below the knees.
- If you don’t have long black hair, don’t worry, just get a wig to do the job and wrap it into a ponytail.
- Tie on the famous Hitai-ate headband with a slash through the symbol in the middle.
- Next, make sure you have a few plastic Kunai Darts,
- and lastly, paint your fingernails black.
Masashi Kishimoto created a timeless character, that you’re now ready to cosplay in his entirety with this Itachi Uchiha Costume Guide. Enjoy!
If you loved Itachi Uchiha from Naruto costume and you’re a fan of manga series, you might find some of these costumes interesting:
- Dress Up Like Old Joseph Joestar from “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure“: Old Joseph is a seasoned fighter and a master of the Stand Hermit Purple.
- Dress Up Like Ryuk from “Death Note“: Ryuk is a shinigami who bestows Light Yagami with the Death Note, a powerful notebook that can bring death to those whose names are written in it. Ryuk is a tall and thin creature with black skin, yellow eyes, and spiky hair.
- Dress Up Like Shinobu Kocho from “Demon Slayer”: Shinobu is the Insect Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps, a group of warriors who combat demons. She is a delicate and graceful girl with purple eyes and black hair that fades into purple. Shinobu wears an outfit with butterfly motifs and wields a katana with a hilt shaped like a butterfly’s body.
- Dress Up Like Killua Zoldyck from “Hunter X Hunter”: Killua is one of the main characters in “Hunter X Hunter,” a manga and anime series centered around hunters who embark on adventures and pursue treasure. He is a former assassin from the Zoldyck family and the best friend of Gon Freecss. Killua has spiky silver hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He typically wears casual attire and wields two metal yo-yos as weapons.
Missing an Outfit Inspo? Submit your idea and we’ll make it happen!