If you are looking for a good Shinobu Kocho costume for Halloween or a big cosplay event, here’s the winning formula for creating the most exciting outfit of the party! Let’s see how to dress up as Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer.
Outfit Guide For COSPLAY & HALLOWEEN
Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer Outfit Guide
Shopping List for Shinobu Kocho from Demon Slayer Costume & Outfit
Demon Slayer is an anime that ruled 2019 from the day that it came out and grasped everyone’s attention up until the day that it ended in the manga. We’ve been introduced to countless characters throughout that time and Shinobu Kocho is a staple. Ready to step into the shoes of this slayer with a beautiful cosplay?
Who is Shinobu Kocho?
Before we move on to Shinobu’s costume, let’s first learn about the character.
Like many of the other slayers that join the Corps, Shinobu’s background isn’t exactly pretty. In this brutal universe, it’s rare to find someone that joins the Corps for reasons other than vengeance or to avenge those that have fallen. Shinobu isn’t an exception to this rule, unfortunately. As a child, she witnessed her parents being slaughtered by demons and thus, gave her and her older sister a reason to join the Demon Slayer Corps in order to prevent this from happening to other families. These events most likely had an influence on Shinobu’s hot-heated, strict personality when they were younger, complementing her older sister’s gentle and caring demeanor.
The two sisters eventually grew in rank within the Corps, the older of the two, Kanae, becoming the highest rank of Hashira. They eventually came across a girl while traveling through a village that was being mistreated and rescued her, adopting her as their younger sister. It’s only later that Kanae is sent on a particularly difficult mission that eventually leads to her untimely demise and soon after, Shinobu takes her late sister’s place as Hashira, known as the Insect Hashira. It’s at this point that Shinobu decides to honor her sister in the strangest way, by adapting her personality in the way that she remembers her, smiling, gentle, and kind. However, under certain circumstances, her real personality does break through.
That was about the background, and now we move on to the costume tutorial.
How to create Shinobu Kocho’s look?
Below is a Shinobu makeup tutorial to look just like Shinobu Kochou from the anime Kimetsu no Yaiba!
After we have done the makeup thing, let’s replicate this deadly Slayer’s uniform.
- You’ll want to start with the Slayer’s uniform with a dark tinted purple jacket and pants, adorned with gold buttons along the center.
- Then tuck the pants into the kyahan around her legs, with a butterfly pattern. Over her uniform, she wears a haori that actually belonged to her late sister, also resembling a white butterfly pattern that fades into a pale green and then pinks around the sleeves.
- You’ll want to match her zori sandals with some of your own, purple straps and a white base, as well as a pair of purple socks.
- Tie a white belt around the waist and now place on the long, black-styled wig that’s pulled into a flat bun and fastened with a purple and green hair clip.
- The bangs of the wig should bleed into a deep purple near the tips and go ahead and apply some long purple eyelashes as well.
- Lastly, attach the pink and cream butterfly sword resting at your hip.
It’s thanks to the creator and character designer Koyoharu Gotouge that we have this fabulous anime, so show off what Shinobu has to offer with your slaying cosplay!
If you loved Shinobu’s costume and you’re a fan of manga series, you might find some of these costumes interesting:
- Dress Up Like Old Joseph Joestar from “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure“: Old Joseph is a seasoned fighter and a master of the Stand Hermit Purple.
- Dress Up Like Ryuk from “Death Note“: Ryuk is a shinigami who bestows Light Yagami with the Death Note, a powerful notebook that can bring death to those whose names are written in it. Ryuk is a tall and thin creature with black skin, yellow eyes, and spiky hair.
- Dress Up Like Killua Zoldyck from “Hunter X Hunter”: Killua is one of the main characters in “Hunter X Hunter,” a manga and anime series centered around hunters who embark on adventures and pursue treasure. He is a former assassin from the Zoldyck family and the best friend of Gon Freecss. Killua has spiky silver hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He typically wears casual attire and wields two metal yo-yos as weapons.
Missing an Outfit Inspo? Submit your idea and we’ll make it happen!