If you are looking for a good Ryuk costume for Halloween or a big cosplay event, here’s the winning formula for creating the most exciting outfit of the party! Let’s see how to dress up as Ryuk from Death Note.
Costume Guide For COSPLAY & HALLOWEEN
Ryuk from Death Note Costume Guide
Shopping List for Ryuk from Death Note Costume & Outfit
In this do it yourself guide you will learn what you need to dress like Ryuk from Death Note for Halloween, your next costume party or dress up event.
Death Note is a Japanese Manga series written by Tsugami Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. In 2017 the American film adaptation was released and most Americans got their first glimpse of Ryuk, the thrill seeking death god, from Death Note
The costume designers for the 2017 film were Karin Nosella and Emma Potter and along with the film’s costume and makeup departments they presented a top notch rendition of the Shinigami death spirit, Ryuk.
How to create the Ryuk from Death Note costume
- To create your own version of Ryuk from Death Note you’ll need a pair of black combat style boots, black fitted pants and long sleeve top and lots of metal accessories with Skull imagery including a belt with hanging chains and big buckle, silver cuff style bracelets, earrings, and rings on every finger.
- Long black fingernails or even a pair of costume gloves to resemble bony long fingers would be a great touch.
- Top it all off with a feather-like shoulder piece or wings and a black spiked wig.
- Grayish blue and black face paint and some sharp pointed teeth can be used to create the face or you can find a full face mask to finish your look
- Bonus points on your costume if you happen to be 9 feet tall!
Add your best evil grin and you will have achieved the look of Ryuk from Death Note and will be a big hit at your dress up event.
If you loved Ryuk from Death Note costume and you’re a fan of the manga series, you might find some of these costumes interesting:
- Dress Up Like Old Joseph Joestar from “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure“: Old Joseph is a seasoned fighter and a master of the Stand Hermit Purple.
- Dress Up Like Shinobu Kocho from “Demon Slayer”: Shinobu is the Insect Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps, a group of warriors who combat demons. She is a delicate and graceful girl with purple eyes and black hair that fades into purple. Shinobu wears an outfit with butterfly motifs and wields a katana with a hilt shaped like a butterfly’s body.
- Dress Up Like Killua Zoldyck from “Hunter X Hunter”: Killua is one of the main characters in “Hunter X Hunter,” a manga and anime series centered around hunters who embark on adventures and pursue treasure. He is a former assassin from the Zoldyck family and the best friend of Gon Freecss. Killua has spiky silver hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He typically wears casual attire and wields two metal yo-yos as weapons.
Missing an Outfit Inspo? Submit your idea and we’ll make it happen!