Dress Up Like Joker from Persona 5
If you are looking for a good Joker costume for Halloween or a big cosplay event, here’s the winning formula for creating the most exciting outfit of the party! Let’s see how to dress up as Joker from Persona 5.
Costume Guide For COSPLAY & HALLOWEEN
Joker from Persona 5 Costume Guide
Shopping List for Joker from Persona 5 Costume & Outfit
Stepping into the Metaverse.
Don’t forget your costume the next time you step into the Metaverse. Persona 5’s been sweeping the world with its popularity since it came out in 2016 and even though the hype has died down just a tad since then, no one can forget Joker. The Persona 5 protagonist has become an icon in just a few short years and putting together an outfit to match his may not be as hard as you think.
Let’s first look at the origins before we move on to the costume
Persona 5 is the fifth installation of the long-running Persona series and is arguably the most popular. The game starts out with our protagonist stepping in to save a woman from being harassed, only to be falsely accused and sent away while he’s on juvenile probation. He’s forced to stay under the roof of a stranger that acts as his guardian for the time that he’s there, Sojiro, and is enrolled into Shujin Academy.
On his first day attending school, he runs into notable “delinquent” Ryuji Sakamoto, and the two accidentally get lost in the Metaverse. In the Metaverse, they encounter various shadows that try to attack them and when Ryuji is in trouble, the Protagonist awakens his power, his persona, becoming Joker.
Now that we have learned enough about the background, let’s see how to make a Persona 5 Joker costume.
How do you create Joker Persona 5 costume?
So what do you need to replicate Joker’s signature look? Thankfully, not too much!
- Let’s start with the basics, which are his black boots that you may already have sitting in your closet.
- To match those, a pair of black pants and a grey collared shirt to complement that.
- The grey shirt should be adorned with black stripes in a “V” pattern as well as gold buttons.
- Throw a long, black overcoat over top of that, and make sure to pop that collar!
- We, of course, can’t forget about the Phantom Thieves leader’s red gloves and a long, silver dagger as one of his main weapons out of his limitless arsenal.
- The final touches are a short, black, curly wig and the infamous Joker mask that he always wears. This thievish look was designed by character designer, Shigenori Soejima and boy did he do an excellent job.
So the next time you find yourself in the Metaverse or maybe just on Halloween, you’re incredibly prepared with a fantastic Joker cosplay.
Are you interested in other Joker costumes? Here are the different tutorials :
- Dress Up Like Joker Joaquin Phoenix from Joker
- Dress Up Like Joker Nurse from The Dark Knight
- Dress Up Like The Joker 1989 from Batman
- Dress Up Like Joker from Suicide Squad
Subscribe and get your Halloween costume ideas from us each year.