If you are looking for a good Abby Cadabby costume for Halloween or a big cosplay event, here’s the winning formula for creating the most exciting outfit of the party! Let’s see how to dress up as Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street.
Costume Guide For COSPLAY & HALLOWEEN
If you are looking for a cute and magical costume idea for a dress-up party, why not try to cosplay as Abby Cadabby, the fairy-in-training from Sesame Street? Abby is a friendly and curious character who loves to learn new things and use her imagination. In this article, we will show you how to create your own DIY Abby Cadabby costume with some simple items and accessories.
Who is Abby Cadabby?
Before we move on to the costume, let’s first get to know Abby Cadabby a little better. Abby is a three-year-old fairy who moved to Sesame Street in 2006. She has pink and purple hair, blue eyes, blue eyelashes, and fairy wings. She also carries a magic wand that sometimes causes trouble when she tries to cast spells. Abby is very enthusiastic about discovering new things and making friends with everyone on the street. She likes to play with Elmo and Rosita, who often join her on her adventures.
Abby also attends the Flying Fairy School, where she learns how to use her magic skills with her classmates Blögg and Gonnigan, and her teacher Mrs. Sparklenose. You can watch some of her lessons in this video:
What do you need for the Abby Cadabby Sesame Street costume?
To dress up like Abby Cadabby, you will need the following items:
- A wig and wand set in purple and pink. You can find these online (see the link above). Alternatively, you can make your own wand with a wooden stick and some ribbons or tulle.
- A pink bodysuit or leotard. This will be the base of your outfit. You can also wear a pink shirt and leggings if you prefer.
- A blue fairy wings. You can buy these or make your own with some wire hangers, pantyhose, and glitter.
- A blue ballet tutu dress or skirt. This will add some flair to your costume. You can also use a plain blue skirt and add some tulle layers or ruffles.
- Blue flats or sneakers. These will match your wings and skirt. You can also decorate them with some stickers or gems if you like.
- Blue eyelashes. These are optional, but they will make your eyes look more like Abby’s. You can use some false eyelashes or mascara.
And voilà! You are now ready to fly away as Abby Cadabby!
Other costume ideas
If you enjoyed dressing up like Abby Cadabby, you might also like these other costume ideas:
- Dress up like Bloom from Winx Club, another fairy character who has red hair, blue eyes, and wings.
- Dress up like Fairy Godmother from Shrek 2, a hilarious character who has blonde hair, pink dress, and magic wand.
We hope you have fun cosplaying as Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street! Don’t forget to share your photos with us!
Missing an Outfit Inspo? Submit your idea and we’ll make it happen!